Friday, January 16, 2015

My Favourite Book

I wanted to talk about tarot, personal growth, and spirituality on this website, so I had to share my favourite book.  I don't ever remember where I bought this book, but it is my little treasure.  "The Book of Everything"  measuring only 2.5 inches by 2.5 inches, but it had such a HUGE impact on my life.

The author is Hakim Sanai and he was born 1080 about 127 years before Rumi.  Both men were Sufi Poets and wrote about the God, but I find that his writings are all about love.  Many of his poems have a presence that only the heart can feel.  When I first touched his words I felt a soft breeze flow through my whole being.  I felt present and complete.  This little book has the magic takes me away into myself.

I wanted to share one of his poems, so I'm going to open the book randomly to see what wants to be spoke.

The way to You
lies clearly in my heart
and cannot be seen or known to the mind
As my words turn to silence,
Your sweetness surrounds me.

Thank you Hakim Sanai for you sublime words.  I hope that you have enjoyed his words and the feeling this poem creates.

Blessings,
Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, Suzanne! I can clearly feel why Hakim's works are of great value to you and do share a similar appreciation for his unique way of expressing love. The poem touches me deeply and thoroughly, by which I'm humbled. Many thanks for sharing, for I find it to be of great inspiration!

    Much Love,
    Bernd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bernd, thanks for your lovely comment. I'm happy to connect with someone who appreciates the feelings Hakim's words create. He wrote so long ago, but I my heart knows beyond time.
      Blessings of love and light,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  2. Thank-you, for sharing! I will go check this out~ Blessing to you!

    ReplyDelete